Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Dropped My Dream

Today I realized I dropped my dream. Now, I have more than one dream so I guess that's why I didn't notice the empty spot in my hand. That's kind of sad though.

I've carried the dream of songwriting since I was a teenager. I always thought one day one of my songs would "make it" and be heard by the world. That has not happened. That has not even remotely happened.

I stopped writing songs the way I used to. I'd spend hours writing and singing (I'm not a singer) while song after song would come to me. It brought me great fulfillment.

It still brings me fulfillment but I haven't been doing it. Why not? I think it's because I gave up the hope that it will become anything. That's not a good reason. If songwriting brings me fulfillment, I still need to be writing. How do I pick my dream back up with no certainty beyond my own fulfillment? I guess the same way I did when I was 15. Just write.

No comments:

Post a Comment