Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Clint Eastwood is like comfort food to me

With Clint Eastwood's new movie Trouble with the Curve coming out, I can't help but think of all of my childhood memories and long for the times when it seemed like life was simpler. It probably really wasn't as carefree as I remember, but time has a way of fogging the windows of memory.

Who knew that growing up watching Eastwood movies would not only seal my complete adoration for a man I'll never meet, but it would also conjure up the most wonderful comfort at the sight of him or his movies? My dad loved his movies and my mom loved him, so he was a frequent visitor in our living room.

I think of times when my whole family would be laughing until we were crying while watching Every Which Way But Loose. Everything was right in the world. Those movies brought us together and that is something I can now see and appreciate for what it truly was.

My favorite Eastwood movies:  Pale Rider, the aforementioned Every Which Way But Loose, Dirty Harry, Outlaw Josey WalesHeartbreak Ridge and Absolute Power. I do have a feeling I will be adding Trouble with the Curve to my list.

Words of wisdom from Dirty Harry:
"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question--Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk!"

No comments:

Post a Comment