Friday, November 28, 2014

No relationship can take the place of Jesus

Lately, I've been searching for deeper friendships.

I started a women's small group. It has been fun and I've gotten closer to some women, but the void in my heart is still there.

I have tried to get to know a few friends better. It has been successful on some fronts but the void in my heart is still there.

In my attempts to foster deeper friendships, I realized I was trying to fill a void that only Jesus can. His friendship is the only one that will truly satisfy my soul. Cultivating deeper relationships is a good thing, but no relationship can take the place of Jesus. Why is that?

No one can love like Jesus. His love is unconditional. I am already funny enough, smart enough and pretty enough for Jesus. Just as I am, He loves me like crazy. Through that unconditional love, He gave His life for me with no guarantee I would return His love. That's a love I really can't comprehend but I receive it because I need that kind of love.

There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13

No one can understand like Jesus. He gets me – every part of me. You see, I'm still hurting. I'm still grieving the loss of my womb. No person can truly understand what’s going on in my heart. As much as I try to explain or connect, no person can fill that place and heal me – only Jesus can.

This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:15-16

No one can be there all time like Jesus. I cannot wear Jesus out. He is always ready and willing to spend time with me - anytime, anywhere. What a huge comfort to know I can call out to Him and He's never too tired to listen to me...He's never too busy to stop and sit with me. It blows my mind because I'm human with human capabilities. 

And be sure of this: I am will you always, even to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20

While my friendships play an important role in my life, they are not designed to take the place of Jesus. So, I breathe a sigh of relief and keep taking my heart to Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwsome, girl. That's what I wanna heer, brudda. You know BTW only One True God exists. Jeee-sis!!! So it doesnt matter if Im a Roamin' Cat and you're whatever, it doesn't matter. Jeee-sis is all that matters.

    God blessa youse
    Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwsome, girl. That's what I wanna heer, brudda. You know BTW only One True God exists. Jeee-sis!!! So it doesnt matter if Im a Roamin' Cat and you're whatever, it doesn't matter. Jeee-sis is all that matters.

    God blessa youse
    Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete